MSEd: Art & Science of Teaching
Master of Science in Education: Major in the Art and Science of Teaching
Significantly Increase Your Instructional Effectiveness While Earning Your Master's Degree
The online MSEd: Major in the Art and Science of Teaching is designed by Dr. Marzano and offered by the National Institute for Professional Practice in partnership with Wilkes University. This online master's program helps teachers systematically acquire and implement the progression of knowledge and skills to significantly increase their effectiveness in the classroom as evidenced by gains in student achievement.
Districts that support teachers in pursuing this degree can view data on increased student achievement as their teachers apply the research-based strategies in their classrooms.
Help Your Students Learn and Achieve at the Highest Levels
During this groundbreaking program of study, teachers:
- Learn about the Art and Science of Teaching framework
- Acquire and implement 41 key competencies revealed by research for effective teaching in a robust, yet easy to understand model of instruction, based on the Art and Science of Teaching
- Gain skills to increase comprehension of content, student engagement, critical thinking, high expectations, and more
- Implement research-based strategies that get results
- Monitor the progress of their students' learning gains as their instruction improves
Personal Attention and Support
- 1 to 10 student average graduate student to faculty ratio offers personal attention and support
- Online peer communities of teachers like you supporting each other through the program
- Online program fits into today's busy lifestyles
- Skills you can use immediately in your classroom to raise student achievement
As an additional benefit, teachers completing the MSEd: Art and Science of Teaching are eligible to receive national certification in the Art and Science of Teaching by Marzano Research Laboratory and the National Institute for Professional Practice. The national certification distinguishes you as attaining a high standard in pedagogy.
MSEd: Major in the Art and Science of Teaching Course Offering:
- Foundations of the Art & Science of Teaching
- Establishing Learning Goals to Support Learning & Instructional Design
- Monitoring & Measuring Student Progress
- Actively Processing New Content
- Extending Student Learning
- Designing Instruction for Student Engagement
- Creating an Effective Classroom Environment
- Developing Relationships and High Expectations for Student Learning
- Applying the Art & Science of Teaching
Courses may be taken as a program of study or individually. Master of Science in Education: Major in the Art and Science of Teaching designed by Dr. Robert Marzano is part of the Marzano Suite for Connecting Teacher Growth to Student Achievement.
Register for a demo of the Marzano Protocol in iObservation
Watch Dr. Robert Marzano's videos
Visit the National Institute for Professional Practice to view the Program of Study