Race to the Top Solutions for Washington D.C. Schools
The District of Columbia has won Race to the Top (RttT) funding. RttT has establish clear expectations for schools in Washington D.C.
Washington D.C. Requirements for Race to the Top Participants
- Improve teacher and principal effectiveness based on performance
- Develop a local instructional improvement system to collect, analyze, and use data to improve instruction
- Increase the proportion of teachers and principals who are prepared through programs that equip them to be highly effective
- Create customized professional development experiences based on individual needs and leverage pockets of effectiveness within DC to improve overall educator effectiveness
iObservation has developed solutions for meeting Race to the Top requirements with the nations top education experts including Charlotte Danielson, Dr. Robert Marzano, and Dr. Douglas Reeves. The result is a system that incorporates student achievement data, teacher observations, leadership observations, and performance evaluations into a comprehensive view of school performance.
Race to the Top will challenge D.C. schools to develop whole new approaches for evaluating teachers and increasing teacher effectiveness. iObservation provides a proven, research-based approach that allows educators to handle these changes with confidence. There are a number of options to learn more about Race to the Top solutions with iObservation:
- Download Dr. Marzano's whitepaper on Developing Aligned Systems for Race to the Top
- Sign-up for an upcoming free informational webinar
- View our offerings based on frameworks from Charlotte Danielson, Dr. Robert Marzano, and Dr. Douglas Reeves
- Email us with your questions