Online Resource Library
Tools for Professional Growth
The Danielson Collection online resource library contains a comprehensive and growing collection of professional development tools that teachers can use on-demand for continuous learning and improvement. This dynamic online library continues to expand with the most recent and up-to-date resources developed by Charlotte Danielson.
Items in the Danielson Collection Online Resource Library include:
- Documents — articles written by Charlotte Danielson that connect theory to practice and provide research-based insights to her framework with an in-depth explanation of the four domains, 22 components, and 76 elements of the Framework for Teaching
- Charlotte Danielson explains and provides examples of each of domain, component, and element in her framework.
- Classroom footage demonstrates how theory is applied to teaching practice.
- Teacher Tools — planning documents, feedback and coaching forms, reflective questionnaires, and student activities linked to improved teacher practice
- Forms and Rubrics — for conducting observations, walkthroughs, hiring interviews, and teacher self-assessment
This tool helps teachers develop skills in Domain 1, Planning and Preparation, by providing a template and example of an instructional approach to a lesson. Download the Tool
This tool helps teachers consider ways to make their classrooms a safer place for their students, a component of Domain 2, Classroom Environment. Download the Tool
This tool guides teachers through the analysis of their activity or assignment to determine its impact on student learning, a component of Domain 4, Professional Responsibilities. Download the Tool
Interview with Charlotte Danielson
Charlotte Danielson discusses multiple ways her framework can be used by individual teachers to continuously grow in their professional practice, as well as applications at the district level. Play the Video
Classroom Video with Commentary from Charlotte Danielson
This footage of teachers and students in a real classroom demonstrates how questioning and discussion can create student engagement. Charlotte Danielson comments on why the strategy was so effectively implemented with students in this situation. Play the Video
Interview with Charlotte Danielson
Charlotte Danielson outlines challenges teachers can face when communicating with the families of their students. Play the Video
Each item in the Danielson Library is connected to its appropriate component and domain in the Framework for Teaching, aligning teacher professional development to observations and evaluations, feedback, and self-assessment.
When combined with classroom observations, self-assessments, and professional development plans, the resource library provides professional development targeted to each teacher’s individual needs along with other benefits:
- Access the online library 24/7 for maximum convenience
- Enjoy flexibility without interrupting classroom instructional time
- Engage in research-based professional development experiences without incurring travel costs
- Use concise resources targeted to address individual growth needs
- Stay on a learning pathway that promotes continuous improvement in practice
Contact Us to learn how to access the complete library of Charlotte Danielson’s professional development resources.
Sign up for a demonstration of iObservation to see samples from the Danielson Collection Online Resource Library.