Marzano White Paper on Race to The Top
Creating an Aligned System to Develop Great Teachers within the Federal Race to the Top Initiative
Race to the Top will place pressure on districts to increase teacher and principal effectiveness unlike ever before. Dr. Marzano and his colleagues discuss how to create an aligned system to supervise, support, and develop great teachers in every classroom. The foundation begins with a comprehensive, research-based common language or model of instruction.
- The Critical Importance of a Common Language/Model of Instruction
- Robust Data
- Professional Development
- Getting It Right
- The Importance of Lesson Segments in the Common Language/Model of Instruction
- Dr. Robert Marzano’s Solutions
- Appendix A: 41 Key Strategies Identified by Research for Effective Teaching 380KB
- Appendix B: Marzano Collection Tools 11MB
- Appendix C: Meta-Analytic Synthesis of Studies on Instructional Strategies 750KB
- Slides Used in Dr. Marzano's White Paper Webinar 2MB
Learn more about Dr. Robert Marzano’s solutions and tools for:
States – Implement Dr. Marzano’s research-based common language/model of instruction with aligned walkthroughs, observations, professional development and a statewide data hub to monitor and support the implementation and teacher effectiveness in participating districts and university pre-service programs. See the intensive supports program and data tracking for schools in school improvement.
Educational Service Agencies – Support your districts to implement Dr. Marzano’s research-based common language/model of instruction with aligned walkthroughs, observations, professional development (may be provided by ESA) and an ESA data hub to support the implementation in participating districts.
Districts and Schools – Implement Dr. Marzano’s research-based common language/model of instruction with aligned walkthroughs, observations, induction program, professional development and a district/school data hubs to monitor and support the implementation and gather data on teacher effectiveness in every school and classroom.