Professional Development for Leaders
In-Depth Understanding of the Framework for Teaching
Leading the Framework for Teaching – Six professional development days guide leaders through a study of Charlotte Danielson’s Framework for Teaching, strategies for implementation, and effective professional development to support and monitor teacher growth and effectiveness. Participants gain an in-depth knowledge of the framework and engage in hands-on experiences using iObservation.
Participants will learn how to:
- Define levels of professional practice, including planning and preparation, classroom environment, instruction, and professionalism
- Coach staff in these areas for improved teacher practice
- Employ a system of observation and evaluation based upon Charlotte Danielson’s framework
- Use iObservation and access the library of professional development resources through hands-on activities
- Connect pedagogy to student learning gains
Who Should Attend?
District leaders, school leaders, instructional coaches, teacher leaders, and department chairs can all benefit from the Leading the Framework for Teaching series. Observers are required to register for all six sessions. It is strongly recommended that all participants obtain a copy of Charlotte Danielson’s book, Enhancing Professional Practice, A Framework for Teaching, as background reading in preparation for the sessions.